1. Dismiss Notice

I'm done.

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by mule, Apr 16, 2017.

1. mule

mule Member

I've had enough of Uber's sly business tactics

Just look at Uber's built-in maps. They intentionally hide the KM and only show you the minutes so you don't realise just how far you've driven to take somebody to the bus stop.

This is just one of many dirty tricks Uber uses to deceive drivers and reduce the amount of information drivers have. They don't want you to make informed business decisions. They want you to accept trips regardless of profitability. You don't deserve to know anything as far as they are concerned.

Clearly Uber likes to treat drivers like drip-fed rats in a maze. That doesn't sit well with me.

I quit for that very reason.
    I HATE it when companies try to manipulate people.

Goodbye Uber thanks for nothing.

Cold Gin, skyco and Riders Champion like this.
  2. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Good point. Also their "minutes" aren't accurate. Sometimes a rider is "6 minutes" away but it's a 15 minute drive.

Cold Gin and mule like this.
  3. mule

mule Member

Yep, press navigate and that 6 min trip can become a heck of a lot more than they told you upfront.

Depriving and intentionally obstructing an 'independent contractors' ability to see job information is virtually the same as treating them like employees.

That is why I am no longer doing Uber. I should sue too.

4. Laughter

Laughter Member

Come on. You expect a signal from a cell tower to instantly be able to time your trips? Any gps or nav doesnt instantly come up with calcs. The uber app isnt perfect but its freaking amazing as a technology.

5. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

totally unecessary technology when you could just whack a basic meter on
    But then... how would goobers then be able to swindle you?