1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Problem with Ola Add New Car feature

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by tennisvideos, Aug 16, 2018.

1. I need help with what to do in this situation:

I hired a car a month ago while my car is being repaired. Thankfully Uber and Taxify allowed me to drive with the new HIRE car immediately. Of course Ola only added the New Car feature last week.
    Yesterday I applied to add the Hire Car to my Ola profile. It was rejected today because the car was already assigned to another Ola drivers profile.

So I phoned Ola today to advise them that I have been Hiring this car for the past month and my Name is on the Hertz Rental agreement. Ola advised me that there is nothing they can do as once a car is assigned to someone they cannot then add it to another driver.

I then asked them to remove the car from the other driver's profile as he/she is no longer hiring the car - I am. They said they can't do this but I could contact the previous driver and ask them to call Ola to remove the car. I said fine, can you give me their details and they said No they can't share that information. So I asked how can I contact them? Then I asked if they could contact the previous driver and ask if the car could be removed from their profile and they said "No" they can't do this either. So they are not helping me at all.

This could affect a LOT of DRIVERS with Ola who HIRE a car. If that car has been driven for Ola previously then the chances are you will not be able to drive it for Ola as it will still be assigned to a previous driver.

This is not right nor is it fair. It is affecting my income and livelihood.

What should I do about this? Take Legal Action against Ola or go to A Current Affair?

I hope Rideshare United can help out here. Frustrated - Craig

2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

I am sorry to hear that mate.

Ola's set up and app are of very poor quality. They will eventually catch up but it can take a very long time.

1. Keep trying to write/call Ola support and ask for this matter to be escalated.

Or

2. Hire a diffrent car. Which may prove the easiest solution. Tell your story to the guys at Hertz and ask them to make sure the new car you are hiring was never used for ride share. I am sure they'll be able to double check for you after a quick look at the public car hire registry.

3. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Check your PM i've sent you a contact number.

tennisvideos likes this.