1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Problems with the border and Uber Pro

Discussion in 'Brisbane | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Robin, Oct 2, 2020.

1. So this is the message I posted to Uber Support today after talking to them on the phone for a while yesterday:

Main issue - cancellation rate is too low - I am Uber Pro Platinum but I'm not really because my cancellation rate is too high, so as a result I don't see the destinations when I am offered a job. But sometimes I have to cancel as I have no choice, so I feel this system is unfair and doesnt properly reward good drivers.

This issue came to a head on Wednesday 30th September when I accepted a job in Kirra about 5:10pm (unfortunately the system does not allow me to see cancelled trips - another complaint!). I arrived to pick the customer up (forget their name) but I was forced to cancel as 'Other Issue' as customer wanted to travel across the border (something I'm not prepared to do - another issue Uber hasn't rectified). I apologised to the customer and explained to them that had I known their destination I would not have accepted the job - this was a serious waste of my time and the customers.

Briefly then the issues I have: - cancellation rate too low - should be about 5% - drivers that have clocked up a lot of successful trips such as myself should be able to see destinations when offered a job regardless of acceptance rate/cancellation rate etc. - Should be able to see cancelled trips on the app so makes it easier to raise issues - There needs to be a 'forced to cancel' reason on the app (or similar) which doesnt count towards our cancellation rate - there has so far been a complete lack of support or instructions to drivers over how to handle the border issue - what happens if the police stop my car for example?? It is this issue in particular which leads us drivers to refuse to go over the border - we feel we are 'on our own'.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? How do others deal with 'going over the border'??