1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Save your money Taxify is a rip off

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by SylviaMalay, Dec 29, 2017.

1. SylviaMalay

SylviaMalay New Guest Member

So I was wondering weather I should pay the $100 upfront to sign up to Taxify. But the problem is...

Need a 50% acceptance rate or they'll sign you out

Giving away fares of 50% and only rebating you 80%

No cancelation fee

Have to pay about $100 to sign up.

Surge sapped at 1.5

Less money per km

So to be honest Uber is way better! Taxify is a waste of time and money.

Sorry if I sound harsh to anyone who likes taxify. I just think that they're giving us a bad deal. And want people to know..

2. coolair

coolair Member

$100 just to sign up? Are you sure? I signed up a few days ago and can not recall seeing such requirement. I may have missed something. Can you please post a link.

If to judge by what I've seen thus far, yes! They are quite messy.

3. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

I agree. We are not too impressed either.

4. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

How much $ per km and per minute?

Isn' It supposed to be 85% back to you?

5. coolair

coolair Member

T
    The rates are about $1 per km in Melbourne and capped surge at x1.5 (if my memory serves me right). Yes driver keeps 85%.

6. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

I just signed up for Taxify to give it a go and see how well it performs vs Uber.

At least in Sydney NSW,

• It's 15% to Taxify
    • There is no signup fee. But part of the signing up process there is a driving record certificate which you need to obtain from Services NSW online. Online copy is only $22.00 (instant download) and Certified hardcopy is $30 bucks. (up to 7 days delivery)
    • Rates seem pretty similar to Uber in Sydney.
    Rates:
    $2.50 BASE
    $1.45 KM + $0.40 MIN
    $9.00 MINIMUM
    $0.55 SERVICE FEE

Has anyone driven for Taxify for 2-3 weeks+ and can share their thoughts on earnings and fare opportunities during the day/week?

7. skyco

skyco Active Member

Great rates considering taxify take only 15% cut. Makes it better then Uber providing they have the passenger numbers, advertising and pax incentives should take care of that. Happy days.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  8. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

How was the signup process, and what was involved??

9. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

Very much like Uber, upload all documents and go for a car check by redbook. They seem quite messy though, I had to send a number of emails before they activated the account.

10. river view

river view Member

They may appear messy but I achieved activation without attending their premises (unlike Uber). Criminal history check completed without charge; they rejected my signature made with my finger; tried harder with my elbow for the second signature; anyway got there in the end. It's bloody annoying the charge for driving history record. Taxify would however accept an online record if it was up to 12 months old.
    Overall I was happy with the engagement process.