1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

The LOOP

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Traveller, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Traveller

Traveller New Member

"The Loop WA

With the crowd cap at Optus Stadium lifted, our focus now is to 'can the Uber ban' and allow ALL Western Australians to use ride sharing services to access the stadium. It’s common sense and people deserve a greater choice of transport options.........etc".

The detail above only came to my notice today and it appears the only way that you can support the effort is to be on Facebook. I am not on FB, never plan to be and imagine there are others out there who feel the same, so the support is therefore, going to be limited.

There is a massive Belmont Park racecourse car park that could be utilised at minimal cost, rather than another money making exercise and only a short walk from the stadium. Uber drivers, along with others, are being subjected to additional expense to support the pay-off of taxi drivers. Let us not hear that Taxi drivers are being hard done by when they are the only transport providers given preferential treatment by the government (other than trains and buses) being permitted to assist the masses in getting to and from the Stadium.

2. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

I heard from one of the Stadium managers that two locations had been offered to Uber, but Uber had rejected both. No doubt something to do with money and/or money under the table.

3. Jason

Jason Member

I wouldn't go near it. Stuck in traffic, hardly moving.
    Imagine every single person on that train, requests an Uber. How long do you think it will take you to get there and out.
    Be smart and hang around the train stations

4. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Yep I always avoid big events for that reason. Likely to be difficult to find the rider too.