1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber Rider Fee - 9.5% Super

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by river view, Mar 28, 2018.

1. river view

river view Member

Did anyone see Super Risk Report on Four Corners? It will be available on ABC iView if you want to look.

The report looks into the casualisation of work in Australia and how the Super Guarantee is not benefiting this growing group of workers.

Superannuation contributions are something I know I should be making but all monies earned are going straight into meeting life expenses and business operating costs. Uber would say it's your business and it's up to you as to how you operate the business.

I say it would be better if Uber collected 9.5% Super contribution on the behalf of the driver as a component of the fare.

Any thoughts?

RV

2. skyco

skyco Active Member

Thanks for the heads up RV. I will sure to view it tonight.

First thoughts, a ticking time bomb of poverty.

eXploitation likes this.
  3. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Real shame to see our governments dragging their feet and in no hurry to legislate and protect gig economy workers. It gets people off the dole and that's all they seem to care about.

We'll all be presented with a very long bill later down that path.

eXploitation likes this.
  4. Jason

Jason Member

Yeah i think it should be brought up, they should be paying our Super. Not just Uber, but all the rideshare companies.
    And I really feel for the part time drivers doing Rideshare after work etc.
    Before they relize it and they really get suckered in by it all. They are earning next to nothing.

eXploitation likes this.