1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Superannuation contribution survey

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by river view, Jun 7, 2018.

?

Do you make regular contributions to a super fund for your rideshare income?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2018.
  1. less than 5%

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 5% or greater but less than 9.5%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 9.5% or greater

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no contributions

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. river view

river view Member

I have been driving for about 15 months and in that time I have made no super contributions. I would like to know if other rideshare drivers find themselves in similar circumstances.

If you drive part time or as a second job then the question relates to super contributions on your rideshare income only.
    If during the course of a year, you make a lump sum payment based on your rideshare income, and you are committed to doing this each year, then it is regular and should be assesed in terms of the percentages shown.
    Note that 9.5% is the Super Guarantee for wage and salary earners.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

I have an automatic Bpay recurring payment set up, paying $35 into my Super every Monday, no exceptions.

I know it's not much, but better then not at all. Set one and forget, anything is better than nothing.

I recall the Government (a few years back) would match your super contribitions up to $1000 (per year?). Not sure if thats still on but well worth checking.

3. river view

river view Member

DX, I will only be happy with 9.5% paid by my employer (Riders). Yes that means another add on charge to the fare but the government has already established a precedent for that in NSW with CTP distance based charge ($0.10 per Km) and Taxi plate levy. I want my cut too and it seems legislative change will make that possible. Superannuation Guarantee 1992 for wage and salary earners. Builders have project levy for retirement fund.

DriverX likes this.
  4. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

5. river view

river view Member

Thanks for that. I believe it may be useful to me.

DriverX likes this.
  6. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

You welcome mate.